Abundant meatloaf with a potato and herb crust ad full of studded green peas. Other herbs can be chosen apart from parsley and chives. For example: fresh thyme leaves, chopped rosemary, and chopped sage are all excellent options.
Makes 6 servings
What you will need:
- 1 pound of red potatoes (2-3 large), peeled and in quarters
- 5 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 1 package of Tofurky® Ground Beef Style
How to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 ℉.
- Put a large pot with boiling water. Add the potatoes, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, for about 15-20 minutes.
- In an oven-resistant cast iron skillet or over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of vegan butter. Sauté the onions until smooth for about 5 minutes. Add the Tofurky minced meat, tomatoes and salt and pepper for taste then cook for 5 more minutes. Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes or until thawed if frozen.
- Start to make the mashed potatoes. Add the rest of the butter until it melts. Stir in herbs and salt and pepper for more flavour.
- Pour the Tofurky mixture into the same pan in which you sauteed the onion mixture. Spread the mashed potatoes evenly on top. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.