A rich and creamy unique dish. Serve this with grilled asparagus to share with friends or save leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.
Makes 6 servings
What you will need:
- 2 tablespoons of butter or vegetarian olive oil
- ½ pound of mushroom mix, cleaned and cut into pieces
- ½ cup of chopped onion or shallot
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1½ cup of rice
- ½ cup of white wine
- 8 cups of vegetable stock
- ½ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package of Spinach Pesto Tofurky® Sausage, diced
How to do:
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the broth to keep warm.
- In a large, deep pan or a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Sauté the mushrooms, onions and salt until the mushrooms are cooked and the liquid is reabsorbed, for about 10-12 minutes. Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add wine. Cook over low heat until all the liquid has been absorbed for about 1-2 minutes, then add the sausage.
- Add the broth to simmer, 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently until the liquid has been absorbed. Stop adding the broth, once the risotto is creamy and the rice is al dente, for about 30 minutes (rice will absorb 7 to 8 cups). To serve, garnish with parsley and with fresh black ground pepper.