Simmer in your slow cooker. Serve with crusty grain bread.
Makes 6 servings
What you will need:
- 4 medium yellow or white potatoes, cut into ½ “cubes
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ¼ “thick rounds
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 dry teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 4 cups of vegetables or chicken broth
- ¼ all-purpose flour conventional or gluten-free cup
- 1 package of Tofurky® Kielbasa sausages, cut into ¼ ”thick slices
How to do:
- In a 6/4 slow cooker, add potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, rosemary and salt. Pour the broth and 2 cups of water over the top. Cook over high heat until the vegetables are tender, for about 5-6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, take a cup of the liquid, cook and beat with the flour. Pour the flour mixture back into the slow cooker, add slices of Kielbasa, and stir to mix thoroughly. Continue cooking until hot and stew thickens, for about 30 minutes. It can be served with chopped fresh parsley or grated vegetarian cheese.